The Card Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Tournament Ready

4 posters

Go down

Getting Tournament Ready Empty Getting Tournament Ready

Post  landric6 Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:57 pm

1) Decide what deck you’re going to use.
- Its important that you prepare far in advance of the tournament so that you are comfortable with the build and know all of the plays your deck can pull off. Try as best you can to side deck for the expected match ups. Also, try to avoid changing decks the night before.
2) Get plenty of rest
- Sleep is very important. It affects your concentration and patience. This goes well with eating a good meal the night before and eating a good breakfast the morning of. I like to take a bottle of water with me so that I can avoid Pop. The caffeine gives you a good boost, but the crash can be horrible and cause you to lose concentration.
3) Take only what you can fit in ONE BAG.
- Trading is HUGE at events. Trading is the probably the easiest way to acquire a good collection. You don’t want to take several bags because in the words of the owner of Feral Games, "Your stuff can easily become someone else’s stuff."
4) Bring money and a friend.
- Money makes the world go around. Bring enough to pay entry and to buy extra sleeves and other random supplies. Try to AVOID buying cards from the vendors because they will RAEP YOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU!!! If you want to purchase cards from players, its best to do it off site to avoid violating any rules of the venue. Bringing a friend helps in this to prevent you from being ripped off and if you or he drops, you can bring the other food so that you can make it throughout the rest of the day.
Well, I hope this helped everyone.
landric6
landric6

Back to top Go down

Getting Tournament Ready Empty Re: Getting Tournament Ready

Post  Blackwingggys Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:12 am

please put in right section
~Moved~
Blackwingggys
Blackwingggys

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Lotus Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:23 am

Don't forget to shower and practice proper oral hygienics or get out.

-Black Lotus
Black Lotus
Black Lotus

https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamNiceGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  WhirlwindKnight Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:26 pm

lol my locals is free. also dont forget to run meta or at least a good variant or u will lose.
WhirlwindKnight
WhirlwindKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  landric6 Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:01 am

WhirlwindKnight wrote:lol my locals is free. also dont forget to run meta or at least a good variant or u will lose.

meta is just wat is hot at the moment as soon as people start topping everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and run the same thing, people op for proven Constancy and not for originally.

i run an original deck and i love for people to call it slow then i swarm for OTK
landric6
landric6

Back to top Go down

Post  WhirlwindKnight Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:35 am

all i have been running is tier 1 and 2 before i even decided to play competitively. I was running blackwings as soon as they came out. I don't regret not being original because i can i just think faster and consistent is the way to go.

My friend on my team is very creative. He runs Dark Counterpart ZombieSworn. (only counterparts are DAD,TDC,DV, and DN. he has 4 lightsworns in the deck and it runs smoothly at 44 cards. we like decks where you top deck what u need. We love speed and speed of the deck will usually tell how good it is.
WhirlwindKnight
WhirlwindKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwingggys Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:45 pm

most importantly
KNOW
YOUR
RULINGS
not knowing your rulings and not knowing your deck and how it reacts to different decks helps A LOT
Blackwingggys
Blackwingggys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum