The Card Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Decks This Format Sept 2010-Discussion

+5
DJ Pikachu
SetoTruesdale2319
Black Lotus
Darkness98
WhirlwindKnight
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best Decks This Format Sept 2010-Discussion Empty Best Decks This Format Sept 2010-Discussion

Post  WhirlwindKnight Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:04 pm

This is what i see>>
1.Blackwings
2.X-Sabers
3.Quickdraw Plants(like 2 or 3 Variants)
4.Machina
5.Absolute Zero
6.Other Stuff on like Herald

Do you agree,disagree? Why?
WhirlwindKnight
WhirlwindKnight

Back to top Go down

Best Decks This Format Sept 2010-Discussion Empty Re: Best Decks This Format Sept 2010-Discussion

Post  Darkness98 Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:55 pm

WhirlwindKnight wrote:This is what i see>>
1.Blackwings
2.X-Sabers
4.Machina
5.Absolute Zero

My thoughts
1.Blackwings
2.X-Sabers
3.QD/QDP
4.Burn
5.Fairys.

Reason why I think for burn is cuz Heavy storm is gone. Sure there is MST at two and Dust Tornado but that still cant stop the burn.

Darkness98

Back to top Go down

Best Decks This Format Sept 2010-Discussion Empty Re: Best Decks This Format Sept 2010-Discussion

Post  WhirlwindKnight Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:44 pm

Darkness98 wrote:
WhirlwindKnight wrote:This is what i see>>
1.Blackwings
2.X-Sabers
4.Machina
5.Absolute Zero

My thoughts
1.Blackwings
2.X-Sabers
3.QD/QDP
4.Burn
5.Fairys.

Reason why I think for burn is cuz Heavy storm is gone. Sure there is MST at two and Dust Tornado but that still cant stop the burn.

I like burn decks and is dark nephthys good this format.
WhirlwindKnight
WhirlwindKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Lotus Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:33 pm

The absolute meta is broken down into these 4 decks.

X-Sabers
Blackwings
Dandylion-Hime variants
Gladiator Beasts

Rogue decks include.

Stun and other Anti-Meta decks
Herald of Perfection
Infernity
Machina
Absolute Zero
Black Lotus
Black Lotus

https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamNiceGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  WhirlwindKnight Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:54 pm

Black Lotus wrote:The absolute meta is broken down into these 4 decks.

X-Sabers
Blackwings
Dandylion-Hime variants
Gladiator Beasts

Rogue decks include.

Stun and other Anti-Meta decks
Herald of Perfection
Infernity
Machina
Absolute Zero

Why is Machina Rogue
WhirlwindKnight
WhirlwindKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Lotus Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:16 pm

Machina is Rogue because even though it is a very aggro deck it is an underused deck that is sometimes referred with Stun decks due to the synergy with Gadgets.
Black Lotus
Black Lotus

Back to top Go down

Post  SetoTruesdale2319 Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:28 pm

I don't think Stun would be very good this format. Mainly, because every deck has cards that will "Stun" and slow down every other deck. Cold Wave, Decree, Rai-Oh, and the like. So, I say if you've got plenty of Backrow hate, and negation, then I think you're pretty much set.

SetoTruesdale2319

Back to top Go down

Post  WhirlwindKnight Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:42 pm

SetoTruesdale2319 wrote:I don't think Stun would be very good this format. Mainly, because every deck has cards that will "Stun" and slow down every other deck. Cold Wave, Decree, Rai-Oh, and the like. So, I say if you've got plenty of Backrow hate, and negation, then I think you're pretty much set.
Stun is a great card which helps push for games. i just wonder why when the opponent activates something like d prison and u go for stun, why can you still chain.
WhirlwindKnight
WhirlwindKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  WhirlwindKnight Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:43 pm

Black Lotus wrote:Machina is Rogue because even though it is a very aggro deck it is an underused deck that is sometimes referred with Stun decks due to the synergy with Gadgets.
tru i like gadget decks though
WhirlwindKnight
WhirlwindKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Pikachu Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:24 pm

You guys forgot Macro and Flamvell. If you build either of the decks right... they reap more than the Grim Reaper does when he's not on Holiday... Which is kind of ironic since he has his own holiday >.>

DJ Pikachu

Back to top Go down

Post  WhirlwindKnight Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:51 pm

DJ Pikachu wrote:You guys forgot Macro and Flamvell. If you build either of the decks right... they reap more than the Grim Reaper does when he's not on Holiday... Which is kind of ironic since he has his own holiday >.>
yea but d fissure and macro are continuous. with icarus attack and hunlyias or what ever then ma ro wont be effective. also royal decree at 3. i lol at macro this format.
WhirlwindKnight
WhirlwindKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Lotus Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:11 pm

DJ Pikachu wrote:You guys forgot Macro and Flamvell. If you build either of the decks right... they reap more than the Grim Reaper does when he's not on Holiday... Which is kind of ironic since he has his own holiday >.>

Both of those decks are Rogue. They aren't top. Every deck that is not Top Tier or Anti Meta is Rogue. Flamvell is good, but Macro is literal crap.

-Black Lotus
Black Lotus
Black Lotus

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Lotus Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:12 pm

WhirlwindKnight wrote:yea but d fissure and macro are continuous. with icarus attack and hunlyias or what ever then ma ro wont be effective. also royal decree at 3. i lol at macro this format.

No to mention 2 MSTs.
Black Lotus
Black Lotus

Back to top Go down

Post  WhirlwindKnight Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:00 pm

Heavy Storm is so needed this format with burn. I seriously hate dying to a stupid magical cylinder and playing blackings. lol though i just trap stun.
WhirlwindKnight
WhirlwindKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwingggys Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:47 pm

top decks
1.Blackwing
2. sabers
3.Debris plants *quickdraw lost there touch*
4.e hero *alius/zero/gaia varients*
Blackwingggys
Blackwingggys

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunnybear Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:16 pm

Gladiators are definitely at the top somewhere, it is one of the less hit decks from the recent banlist. Frog FTK got torn down, Blackwings lost a whirlwind etc...

I'm not sure about Gadgets, haven't played them much, but Machina and it's variants are extremely explosive decks due to the relative ease of summoning Machina Fortress. That card is kind of broken, because of that one ruling that lets it be discarded as part of the summoning reqs. Combine it with Cyber Dragon/Chimera and you have a deck with high potential for OTK
Gunnybear
Gunnybear

Back to top Go down

Post  jurrac Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:45 pm

I got x sabers, quickdraw plants, blackwings, glads, lightsworns, and possibly scraps. I just love scraps. when they get more support they will be even better.

jurrac

Back to top Go down

Post  WhirlwindKnight Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:14 pm

Blackwingggys wrote:top decks
1.Blackwing
2. sabers
i would add gadgets in there or maybe herald
WhirlwindKnight
WhirlwindKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkness98 Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:16 am

WhirlwindKnight wrote:
Blackwingggys wrote:top decks
1.Blackwing
2. sabers
i would add gadgets in there or maybe herald
Machina gadgets would be number 5-6. Not that good to be in top 4. For herald It could be number 4 depending on how good the build is.

Darkness98

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunnybear Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:13 am

Well if it's for this format, my list would be:

1. GB
2. BW
3. Machina
4. Sabers/Infernity
Gunnybear
Gunnybear

Back to top Go down

Post  WhirlwindKnight Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:18 am

Gunnybear wrote:Well if it's for this format, my list would be:

1. GB
2. BW
3. Machina
4. Sabers/Infernity
gb's top but never win. and quickdraw plants are winningf but your list doesn't have it. or gemini variants
WhirlwindKnight
WhirlwindKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunnybear Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:19 am

GBs are actually quite deadly in the hands of an experienced player, and I didnt include Quickdraw because no one in my area plays them, so I don't know how well they run
Gunnybear
Gunnybear

Back to top Go down

Post  WhirlwindKnight Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:59 am

well just look at vids of jumps and stuff. Quickdraw plant is to awesome.
WhirlwindKnight
WhirlwindKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Lotus Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:50 am

Gunnybear wrote:GBs are actually quite deadly in the hands of an experienced player, and I didnt include Quickdraw because no one in my area plays them, so I don't know how well they run

You need to broaden your horizons to outside of just your friends and your local. If you can't go to regional events then at least research decks that are used for when you can go to regionals.

-Black Lotsu
Black Lotus
Black Lotus

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunnybear Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:37 pm

Black Lotus wrote:
Gunnybear wrote:GBs are actually quite deadly in the hands of an experienced player, and I didnt include Quickdraw because no one in my area plays them, so I don't know how well they run

You need to broaden your horizons to outside of just your friends and your local. If you can't go to regional events then at least research decks that are used for when you can go to regionals.

-Black Lotsu

Point taken, I did some looking on yugioh wikia, and I'm testing quickdraws on YVD.

Thanks for the tip, I might go to a larger tournament with my friends this weekend, they have more top tier decks and such.
Gunnybear
Gunnybear

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next