The Card Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting idea?

5 posters

Go down

Interesting idea? Empty Interesting idea?

Post  Gunnybear Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:34 pm

I have researched the fenomenon called 'Infinite Loops' for a while now. And I don't mean 'loop' in the way of Quillbolt loop, but loop in the way of Pole Position, All-Out Attacks and similar cards.

This kind of loop, a loop that cannot be cancelled and does not accomplish anything(i.e., there is no netto change like the life points of a player are lowering until they are 0, the cards are lowering until they are 0, etc.) is, as all experienced players know, forbidden to activate.

This means:
-A player cannot do an action, if that triggers the beginning of an Infinite Loop.
-If an infinite loop is created by the gameplay rather than a player (i.e., there was an action that MUST HAPPEN since the rules say so, like drawing a card at the beginning of your turn) then the card that activates the loop is destroyed.

Now, I had this awesome theory. What if it would be possible to create an kind of lockdown with this: playing effects so, that the player cannot do anything anymore because about anything he would do would trigger an infinite loop. Of course, this would be hard to pull off, but here is the idea that I had in mind at the moment.

it uses the following cards:

-Pole Position
-Chain Energy
-Unstable Evolution
-Monsters with the correct amount of Attack Points
-Another Equip Spell Card, like Axe of Despair for instance.

This is how it works:
Pole Position is active, as is Chain Energy.
I have the same amount of lifepoints as the opponent.
I have a monster with 900 Original Attack equipped with Axe of Despair, making its attack 1900.
The opponent has a monster with say 800, equipped with Unstable Evolution(wich at this point, does nothing).

At this point, Pole Position negates Axe of Despair, making my monster immune to Spell cards, and thus giving it its 900 attack. No loop yet.

now, when the opponent wants to summon, set, or activate a card from his hand, Chain Energy will activate, resulting in him having lower lifepoints than I.
Unstable Evolution then makes the Original Attack of the opponents monster 1000, and the opponents monster now has more attack as my monster has.
Now, Pole Position swaps monsters, negates Unstable Evolution, and Axe of Despair is activated again. This makes my monster stronger again(1900 against 800).
Pole Position Swaps back, since my monster now is stronger again. After the negations swap, this shows 900 against 1000.
This makes the opponent's monster stronger again, et cetera, et cetera.

The monsters can have any amount of attack points, as long as:
-The first monster has less than 1000 attack.
-The second monster has less attack than the first monster.
-The equip spell(for instance, Axe of Dispair) used should give the first monster a total of more than 1000 attack.

A few things to note further:
-I (or the opponent) also could have both monsters, the owner of the monsters doesn't matter. They attack points however do.
-I need to have the exact same amount of Life Points to start off.
-This also locks me down totally.

What do you guys think? What exactly are the specific rulings on this?
Gunnybear
Gunnybear

Back to top Go down

Interesting idea? Empty Re: Interesting idea?

Post  WhirlwindKnight Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:36 pm

i dont think that is possible. also infinite loops are stupid why even have the ability to do that.

Why can stuff like that have infinte loop when the same could be said for 2 command knights, dupe frogs, solar flare dragons and so on son on. If you start it it's condemned illegal right. well this subject sucks. I think Black Lotus can handle this. Where is he.
WhirlwindKnight
WhirlwindKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  Zard1111 Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:34 pm

Is this yugioh? It needs to be moved to yugioh card questions if so.
Zard1111
Zard1111

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunnybear Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Sorry, thought this was yugioh
Gunnybear
Gunnybear

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwingggys Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:42 pm

it is yugioh..
Blackwingggys
Blackwingggys

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunnybear Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:03 pm

Yeah I just moved it
Gunnybear
Gunnybear

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Lotus Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:21 pm

I am a master of infinite loops, I program them through Java all the time. So I though that this thread would be interesting... I am sadly disappointed. Do you understand how situational this is!? Using cards like All-Out Attacks, Pole Position, Axe of Despair, and Unstable Evolution!? Talk about scrapping the bottom of the crap barrel! Not to mention monsters with less than 1000 attack!? What in the world is the point of this!? The King Tiger Wanghu and Treeborn Frog infinite loop is more interesting than this, which is so interesting that you can be punished for doing so in large scale events!

The only reason that I can think of that this application would be useful in is for the lols. Even then I think you would be stoned to death for your insolence.

/thread
Black Lotus
Black Lotus

https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamNiceGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum