The Card Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dandylion-Hime Deck for Regionals on the 27th

4 posters

Go down

Dandylion-Hime Deck for Regionals on the 27th Empty Dandylion-Hime Deck for Regionals on the 27th

Post  Black Lotus Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:49 am

I have made a solid decision to run Dandy-Hime for my regional event and I have a solid deck and side deck. However I am just looking for insight. So please give any suggestions that you may have. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will answer them as best as I can.

Monsters:
2*Caius the Shadow Monarch
2*Quickdraw Synchron
2*Effect Veiler
3*Debris Dragon
1*Glow-Up Bulb
1*Spore
1*Card Trooper
1*Tytannial, Princess of Camellias
2*Lonefire Blossom
1*Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1*Sangan
2*Dandylion
3*Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter

Spells:
2*Book of Moon
1*Foolish Burial
1*Monster Reborn
3*Pot of Avarice
1*Dark Hole
1*Cold Wave
1*One for One

Traps:
1*Seven Tools of the Bandit
1*Mirror Force
2*Bottomless Trap Hole
1*Torrential Tribute
2*Solemn Warning
1*Solemn Judgment
1*Call of the Haunted

Extra Deck:
1*Formula Synchron
1*Armory Arm
1*Ally of Justice Catastor
1*Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1*Goyo Guardian
1*Iron Chain Dragon
1*Turbo Warrior
1*Black Rose Dragon
1*Nitro Warrior
1*Chevalier de Fleur
1*Colossal Fighter
1*Junk Destroyer
1*Scrap Dragon
1*Stardust Dragon
1*Shooting Star Dragon

Side Deck:
1*Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
2*Cyber Dragon
2*D.D. Crow
2*Thunder King Rai-Oh
2*Mystical Space Typhoon
2*Chain Disappearance
2*Chivalry
2*Light-Imprisoning Mirror

EDITS
-2 Trap Stun
+1 Quickdraw Synchron
+1 Seven Tools of the Bandit
+1 One for One

-1 Drill Warrior
+1 Turbo Warrior

-2 Consecrated Light
+2 Light-Imprisoning Mirror

I find Seven Tools to be a lot more useful than Trap Stun really. It directly deals with threats that would hurt my plays. If I am exploding then they can only respond to that threat once. Therefore as long as it isn't Book of Moon, or such, Seven Tools can stop it and they can't respond with anything except for there own Seven Tools of Solemn Judgment. I kind of missed the second copy of Quickdraw and I have wanted to test with One for One. Though God forbid I am playing with 41 cards now! So I think that if I am going to take out something just to make it 40 cards it is going to be the second Quickdraw as it really isn't required for the deck to function consistently.

SCREW YOU JEFF JONES! Yes, I am going to run this deck without the whole reason why it existed in the first place. I find Turbo Warrior to be more useful than Drill Warrior. Quickdraw isn't a big part of this deck really and it is only used as a combo initiator. So if I tune with Quickdraw then I really just want to beat my opponent over the head with the monster and therefore every time I summon Drill Warrior I never use its effect. There are cards I would like to recycle, but I run multiple copies of the cards and those are enough. Recycling Dandylion is worthless because I usually fill my field with tokens and such anyway so the effect of Dandylion is wasted and I am putting my Synchro in more danger than necessary, which can end in me losing card advantage. Caius is nice, but I try to play conservatively with him anyway and I play two Effect Veiler, which is more than perfect. Turbo Warrior is not just stronger, but his effects are more to my play style as well.

I took out and anti-Dark card for an anti-Light card. Well I found that with my side deck I am more than prepared for Blackwings, Infernity, and Black Salvo. However, I was unprepared for Lightsworn and Herald of Perfection. Therefore, that needed to be fixed. The only deck that my side deck doesn't counter that has top 32d at a YCS this format is Hopeless Dragon. Nobody plays that though and at best I will probably only play against one, if that many *knock on wood*, during the event.

I believe that is all for this deck for the deadline. However, any and all feedback on the deck in general is welcome as well. So keep commenting!

-Black Lotus

Last edited by Black Lotus on Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Black Lotus
Black Lotus

https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamNiceGuy

Back to top Go down

Dandylion-Hime Deck for Regionals on the 27th Empty Re: Dandylion-Hime Deck for Regionals on the 27th

Post  Blackwingggys Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Trap Stun at 2 isn't right
1 is fine in QDP but dude you need 3 books
Blackwingggys
Blackwingggys

Back to top Go down

Dandylion-Hime Deck for Regionals on the 27th Empty Re: Dandylion-Hime Deck for Regionals on the 27th

Post  Black Lotus Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:02 pm

Blackwingggys wrote:Trap Stun at 2 isn't right
1 is fine in QDP but dude you need 3 books

I disagree with the Book of Moon statement. I think 3 is overkill. However I will consider your suggestion.

Thank you very much.
Black Lotus
Black Lotus

Back to top Go down

Post  Tater Salad Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:36 am

I'm surprised you aren't running Charge.

Is there any particularly good reason?

Tater Salad

Back to top Go down

Post  WhirlwindKnight Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:54 am

Tater Salad wrote:I'm surprised you aren't running Charge.

Charge is very nice but in my opinion you search and mill enough and milling thoughs extra cards could hurt. Maybe u should test
WhirlwindKnight
WhirlwindKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Lotus Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:57 pm

Tater Salad wrote:I'm surprised you aren't running Charge.

Recently I have taken the thought of running 2 Ryko 1 Charge. It does speed up the deck while giving me essentially the same number of Ryko draw chances, but the fact that Charge can be dead if I have no more Rykos in the deck is a thumbs down and I do not like the idea of me searching for Ryko with Charge then setting a monster. "Hmmm...I wonder what that could be..." - My opponent

So I find Charge to be superfluous and I end up drawing into Ryko often enough anyway.

Side Note: Slight changes to the deck.

-Black Lotus
Black Lotus
Black Lotus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down